Friday, August 27, 2004

Rose Awards

In celebration of Friday, here's my first weekly White Rose Awards.

Easiest Service Project Ever: Project Linus
I am a craft idiot but even I can crochet-- while on my rear watching Survivor, no less. I'll be sharing this one with my mom, who is a serial knitter and my MIL, who is a world-class quilter.

Best Magazine for Lazy Martha Stewart Wannabes: Real Simple
Most of this stuff is pretty original and not! very! complicated! I'm buying a subscription and sharing with my oldest stepdaughter. Now she can get great decorating and organization advise from people who actually know what they're talking about -- instead of me.

Funniest e-mail I received this week: I very tactlessly teased my friend C about his greying hair (we're the same age) and he, being the droll, sweet person he is responded with this. Unexpected wit is always so fun.

<< "Gray hair is a crown of splendor, it is attained by a righteous life." Proverbs 16:31

Maybe you should start living better so you can have gray hair and a righteous life too? Something to think about. >>

Coolest Free Family Activity in KC this week: 75 Years of Mickey Mouse
Maybe Sunday after church? I mean, who doesn't love Mickey?

Easiest Airline To Deal With: Southwest Airlines
I love that they give you an inexpensive option to buy fully refundable tickets on line. Makes my working life SO much easier, especially when meetings get cancelled at 5 a.m. And the CS rep I talked to this week was a real sweetheart.

Most Delicious Smoked Meats found in the Middle of Nowhere: Swiss Meats
Simply. Heaven. Their onion and green pepper brat is the bomb.

Finally, I've been blogging in secret and I'm thinking of letting some people know. It seems like an awkward thing to do, kind of a "hey looky at me" thing. But I think if I knew my friends were blogging and I couldn't read it, I would feel I was missing out. In these days of faster and faster, blogs are sometimes a nice way to slow down and really understand one another.

No comments: