Tuesday, August 17, 2004

My Psalm

The strength I needed to get through today
was the gift you gave before I woke.
While still in dreams you saw my needs
and bound the fragments before they broke.

At just the moment I felt cleaned out
emptied, fragile and beyond repair
you knit my life and scattered pearls
bright blessings from the empty air.

Some days I thought "Not one more step"
but in the darkest times you led me through
and as I held your hand I watched the skies
as smoke and black gave way to blue.


and the Psalm that inspired it ...
Psalm 121

I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from?

My help comes from the LORD , the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip- he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

The LORD watches over you- the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm- he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.


No comments: