Thursday, August 05, 2004

Conversation with Jesus

rose: Hi Jesus it’s me.
J: Hi, kid, how you doing?
rose: uh, well, not that good. Jesus, I’m a lousy person. I keep trying to do better with that but I just keep slipping back to my old ways. I’m despicable, really. A grade -A- b!itch. I think snotty thoughts, I say catty things. I have a little bit of a temper. Yesterday I threw cheese at my husband.
J: Yeah, that’s a tough one. I know how you are. Sometimes you seem to do better but can you answer me honestly? Are you just keeping up appearances for me?
rose: you, yes and the people at church. If they saw the real me, they’d be appalled.
J: Rose, if you saw the real them, you’d be appalled, too.
rose: Jesus, how come we can’t always be good? I do love you. Why can't I act like it?
J: Our Father gave you free will. He didn’t want robots. And you're human. Humans mess up.
rose: But look at us! Look at our world! Why wouldn’t He want to create something perfect?
J: He wanted to create something free. Only a creature with complete free will can really know love. He wanted to be loved the way He loves you.
rose: Hmmm. So no help with the B!tch thing, huh?
J: Hey kid, I’ll help you -- but you have to do the heavy lifting.

"From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us." (Acts 17:26-27 NIV)

2 comments:

Missy said...

Priceless. :) Thanks for sharing.

Larry said...

Great post! We all need to be more aware of how we are perceived to be Christ-like to others!