Friday, August 20, 2004

Reunion, Renewal, Rest

I'm off this afternoon to attend the Women of Faith Conference in Omaha. I'm taking 2 friends I've known for 18 years, plus one of their SILs and my own SIL. We are all doing something that doesn't involve kids or a husband. Very radical.

In all honesty, my two friends deserve this more than I do. D is the mother of three sons, one with profound special needs. S has two young daughters, one of whom was diagnosed with autism. I often crab about various things in my life but compared to the fire-breathing dragons these two battle every day, my problems are the equivalent of a little morning fog. So I organized this trip. Well, I think I was Spirit-led to organize it. God made it happen because there's no way without Him that we could ever have pulled it off.

It is my joy to see it unfold. And my blessing to be around some of the most awesome women I know -- to have the privilege of watching them receive the reunion, renewal and rest they so desire. My heart is very full. My weekend is already made.

No comments: