Wednesday, June 01, 2005

angry all the time

So as Suzanne pointed out in her comments to me on the last post, I seem a little angry about something. I'm not a very oblique person and I haven't been trying to hide my feelings in this blog. In fact, I often use this blog to try to sort them out.

So what am I angry about, you ask?

I'm angry because I'm not a better person
I'm angry because I can't make myself understood
I'm angry because I tolerate things I shouldn't and don't tolerate the stuff I should
I'm angry for not giving my decision to have a child more thought
I'm angry that I'm not more like my father, who is rarely angry
I'm angry because I'm a klutz
I'm angry because my house is in a constant state of disrepair
I'm angry that I got orange cheese on my white shirt
I'm angry that certain people don't like my cats
I'm angry that God isn't more obvious
I'm angry that love stops being fun and turns in to work
I'm angry that no one ever spells my name right
I'm angry that my boss keeps introducing me to people as "her assistant"
I'm angry that my hair is falling out
I'm angry that I've never been to Europe
I'm angry that other people who don't work as hard get more money
I'm angry that some people think all evangelicals are closed minded bigots
I'm angry that kids were cruel to me growing up
I'm angry that I feel so unfinished
I'm angry that I feel unlovable

Is that enough? I don't think it even comes close. I know I have some issues. I'm addressing them.

So what am I happy about?
That I still have friends
That God doesn't abandon me, even when I'm railing on him
That when my husband said he'd never leave he actually meant it
That I'm employed
That tomorrow is another day
That laughter is still possible

Believe it or not, I don't want to be angry all the time.

The angry man will defeat himself in battle as well as in life. - Samurai Maxim

No comments: