Friday, June 03, 2005

here comes the sun

So I had an appointment yesterday -- one of those "appointments" we must not mention, you know, with a counselor.

It was wierd. I felt like I was sneaking around. When we talked, I just kind of removed from the story I was telling, like it was someone else's problems we were discussing. Except for the tell-tale 2 tears at the very end.

I asked my friend S last night at our once-monthly therapuetic Chinese dinner whether she thought the idea of just taking action to make myself feel better might actually, well, make me feel better. 'Cause I do. I mean, my old happiness seems to be rising again -- all this week, just a little more.

Dunno if I'll go back to the counselor but I do feel better than I have in a while, with the possible exception of that happy feeling I get after too much wine. Which we all know is not real or sustainable if I want to, you know, work and write and think and stuff.

Today I'm feeling positively inspired by Wendy McClure, who has been a favorite of mine since I found her outrageous WW cards from the 1970s about 2 years ago (see link on right). She is a blogger who wrote a book. Which I am now reading! How freaking fabulous is that?

Little darlin' the smiles returning to their faces
Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
-George Harrison

No comments: