Monday, June 13, 2005

Bookish

A meme I picked up from "The Main Point" - minus the pictures of the books next to my bed. Use your imagination. There are plenty and also a large stack of magazines, mostly travel and home improvement.

Number of books I own: probably in the neighborhood of 300-400. They're in every room except the bathrooms and the laundry room.
Last book I purchased: Don't Know Much about History, Good Grief, I'm Not the New Me
Last book I reread: Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Five books for a desert island: The Bible, Don Quixote - and three books from my bookshelf at home -- "Strangers in High Places", "Don't Know Much About History" and "the Poisonwood Bible"
Book I'd thwack someone on the head with : The Unabridged William Shakespeare comes to mind. The one I had in college was the largest book I ever owned. But the only one I could find on Amazon was just 3.5 pounds. Whereas the Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged is over 10 pounds.
Book I'd like to burn : Farenheit 451. Delicious irony.
Book that is overrated : The Corrections. I tried to read it but it's so mean-spirited I just couldn't enjoy it. I will try again, one of these days.
Fun Classics: Pride & Prejudice. Jane Austen's dialogue is so perfect.
Last Book I Read: Last Book I finished was "I'm Not the New Me". I'll be done with "Good Grief" probably today. On deck: "Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell".

No comments: