Friday, June 18, 2004

Why I love Fridays...

Because even though I hate getting up early, it's the one day a week I don't mind crawling out of bed at 5:30 a.m. -- I know tomorrow I get to sleep in, all the way to 8 a.m. or later if T feels benevolent.

Because it's the end of the week, which means something interesting, constructive or fun is coming. This weekend we are camping with my parents. I don't know why it's so peaceful to drive across town, park and spend the weekend hiking around, sleeping in a box and staring into fires. It just is. It's slow enough that I can think out there. Quiet enough to fall asleep without the neverending list of "stuff" scrolling through my head.

I love this Friday because this morning there was an awesome thunderstorm. Enough to rattle and electrify your fillings. We woke up at 5 a.m. and just lay there, listening to the rain and the thunder. I hesitate to use the word AWESOME because it's so overused, but it was. just. awesome.

Because I get to wear jeans on Fridays. Somehow work doesn't seem so "worky" when you're wearing jeans and tennis shoes.

TGIF!

No comments: