Tuesday, June 15, 2004

summer girl (the most happy)

She gets up late and stays up later
she's always smiling unless you bait her
A sunny girl who's growing tired
She's spread so thin but she's still wired.

What can I tell her when she's crying?
When she can't win why say keep trying?
We push her on beyond all reason
to seduction, murder, betrayal, treason.

chorus
She's a summer girl living in the winter world
with a smile that melts the snow
but the storm is rising higher still
and all that she has left is will
And where is spring? I just don't know.

I wish that I could bring her home today
When I ask her please she looks away
her sins are many; she seems diminished
but she won't be turned until she's finished.

Another brutal storm is blowing
and still the summer girl keeps going
she doesn't shiver and never cries
And what's inside turns to ice and dies.


Note: I really must finish this book about Anne Boleyn and move on to something cheerier...

No comments: