Monday, February 16, 2009

last of the old posts

Number 571

http://www.nationalbbqrankings.com/

As of October 9, we were ranked #571 on the national barbecue rankings. It doesn't sound that impressive until you know that there are 1300 teams on the list. If that's what one little 5th place finish can do, imagine next year when we come out swinging and pick up our first Grand Championship!

And for the record, a GC is the ONLY way I'll be competing in the American Royal. Not that it's not kinda fun but I'm not much of a partier and last Friday night was like one giant mosh pit of drunk yuppies in their fake Western finest. AND I saw what may only be described as the grossest thing I'VE ever witnessed (and that includes cancer surgery on a horse's eyeball) -- a woman sitting down in a lawn chair after launching her BBQ tidbits all over herself, her lap, her clothes, her hair, the ground. 4 years at Mizzou and I never saw so much vomit. Ugh.

I just want to cook where the teams are serious, not seriously screwed up.

And what a load of fun I am, huh?

No comments: