Friday, March 03, 2006

consider yourself tagged

I love memes. I think they're fun. But no one ever tags me, which makes me sad. :-(

So I picked this one up from Pound. I stole it. So there. If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged. I think there are only about 4 bloggers that will read this anyway so I expect to see this in your blog next I check, OK? OK.

By the way, 2 days after the official weigh in (Wednesday) the scale reads 159.8. That, ladies and gentlemen, is the first time I've seen the 150s in a year. I have to say... I feel great.

On to the meme:

Four jobs I have had:

  1. Waitress in the cafe the Cat's parents owned. Had a regular clientele that included two sweet elderly ladies who came in to eat noon dinner every day. I had the salads and tea on the table before their butts hit the seat.
  2. Assistant to the VP of Marketing for a carpet retailer. Yeah, it was as crappy as it sounds. Only worse. I shared an office with a leering 2-pack a day smoker and I had to work half a day on Saturdays for the whole first year. I quit after 15 months.
  3. Field Marketing Manager for Hardee's. One of my favorite jobs: involved a lot of travel, cool marketing stuff and the odd free ticket to a sporting event. It was also the first time in my career I got a huge raise.
  4. Camp Counselor. The happiest 3 summers of my life. Netted me an ex-husband and 2 wonderful friends.

Four movies I can watch over and over:

  1. The Philadelphia Story. I want to be Tracy's best friend. That girl can party.
  2. Love, Actually
  3. Pride & Prejudice (The BBC version with Colin Firth. Sorry Kari, all others are just pretenders.) I have seen this movie so many times I am embarrassed to say how many. Because it's 6 hours. But it's a lot.
  4. Tie between Fantasia and Lady & the Tramp. Happy childhood memories, ya know.

Four places I have lived:

  1. Independence, MO
  2. Columbia, MO
  3. Roeland Park, KS
  4. Lenexa, KS (I don't get around much)

Four TV shows I love:

  1. LOST
  2. Survivor
  3. I used to love the old Wonderful World of Disney
  4. I have to say I'm kinda getting hooked on Grey's Anatomy but I don't know who in the world would find Ellen Pompeo cute. She looks squinty and runty to me. I like George. I think it should be called George's Anatomy.

Four places I have vacationed:

  1. Spain: unforgettable and bears repeating, the sooner the better
  2. Oahu: like heaven
  3. Boston: great seafood, lots of history. I highly recommend the Cape in the off season. It's great to have a whole beach to yourself -- except for a sea lion & a horseshoe crab.
  4. Halifax, Nova Scotia: feels a little like the edge of civilization. Cold and wild and very stoic, but friendly. OK, I can't explain it. Just go there.

Four of my favorite dishes:

  1. Pizza with lots of Canadian bacon, pepperoni, olives and mushrooms
  2. Phad Thai
  3. Home made macaroni & cheese made with Velveeta
  4. Tortellini Gina

Four sites I visit daily:

  1. weightwatchers.com
  2. yahoo home
  3. the blogs on my list---------->
  4. here, because I'm pathetic and I keep hoping one day I'll pop on and have like 100 visits in a day

on a less frequent basis I visit eonline, nascar.com, epinions, postsecret and awfulplasticsurgery.com. I'm not so different from anyone else, really. Also stuff for work.

Four places I would rather be right now:

  1. Hanauma Bay, snorkling
  2. Riding a horse which is something I haven't done for a long time
  3. at home on the couch reading a book
  4. a great big museum or art gallery, like maybe the Louvre or the Smithsonian

2 comments:

. said...

But have you seen the new Pride & Prejudice? It's SO good! ;) I'm busy passing around my DVD copy at work now. Everyone must see this movie.

By the way...you're doing such a good job with your weight loss! It's great to watch the little counter at the top of your blog move further & further to the right! I know how hard that is. I've been stuck in the same place for the last couple of weeks. :o| I hate it when that happens. So...good job!!

~Les said...

YAY for the 150's!!!
~Les