Tuesday, January 17, 2006

what I had for lunch


There's something weirdly empowering about eating a predator for lunch.

I had a business lunch at my favorite Spanish restaurant and the fish special was Mako Shark.

Cool.

Having eaten Morcilla in Murcia (hahahaha!) I now feel emboldened to eat all kinds of new unusual stuff. It was good shark too, very mild and firm. Plus, it was SHARK. How cool is that?

On a completely unrelated note (and maybe TMI but it's my blog and I'll be strange if I want to), I have decided to go "under the knife" or should that be "under the laser" to have a venous lake removed from my lower lip. This is a disturbing blue vein that grew on my lip basically overnight some years ago. I have been very nervous about having anyone do stuff with needles or lasers near my face but after having a chat with a cosmetic surgery place it turns out that it's no big whoop and won't even require a numbing cream. Just a few zaps and $50 and I never have to have anyone ask me again if I've been chewing on a blue ink pen. Yay.

OK, maybe I'm feeling a little goofy today....

1 comment:

. said...

wow...$50 isn't bad at all! I'd go for it, too, if I were you. :)