Friday, January 27, 2006

Stop, I want to get off

If my life was "The Zipper" I would say this ride is dumb. It is like I waited in line forever, all hyped up on adrenaline and caramel apples with chocolate drizzles and extra pecans -- only to throw it all up 45 seconds in. Now I have to finish the stupid ride all gross and icky and sick.

If life was a rollercoaster I would say it's too damn rough. It looked fun from the ground but when I actually get on it whips my neck and makes my butt hurt.

My life is artificial trying to be real. It's a sunburn on a high humidity day when all you wanted was to have some fun but somehow, everything's gone wrong.

I keep hoping that if I just hang in there I will get to enjoy the cool of the evening, holding hands with my love and maybe, just maybe, some fireworks and a deep sleep with wonderful dreams.

No comments: