Thursday, March 17, 2005

feel sorry for myself day

Lately I have been feeling like I have a little black cloud over my head. I've been feeling like picking a fight. I've been wishing I could go away. I've been wishing everyone else would go away.

Blog as confessional. Now you are all scandalized.

So what came first? The extra weight or the blues? They feel married in my mind somehow. I'm up to very high 150s again. My pants don't fit. I'm snarling mad ... at myself. Look, I've made myself a little self-loathing stew. mmm, mmm good.

God is either very merciful or really perverse in that He gives us this brand new day, every day. And He lets us decide what to do with it, even if we mess it up. Is He laughing at me or with me? I can't tell.

So how do I get out of this? Start again.

Ah, see? Have I just proved my friend's point? Am I one of those that's never happy unless I'm unhappy? Attention whore? Drama queen? Or perhaps just a silly, self-centered, shallow girl.

So what do we do? Anything. Something. So long as we just don't sit there. If we screw it up, start over. Try something else. If we wait until we've satisfied all the uncertainties, it may be too late.
-- Lee Iacocca

No comments: