Wednesday, February 01, 2006

One month update

One month since I restarted Weight Watchers - one month of obsessively tracking and planning and praying for the scale to budge. Freaking scale, what a tease. One time 164.3. The next time 165.6. The 165.5. OK so maybe I shouldn't just stand there, hopping on, hopping off, running to pee, hopping on again, making sure my hair is totally dry, taking my glasses off. Maybe I've gotten a little wierd on that count. This is nothing new, the wierdness.

But really, really, I have lost 6.1 pounds this month. It's not exactly like I got dealt a Blackjack or anything, but it's a solid "19" and I feel good about it. 6 pounds per month and by May I'll be 147 pounds again... and if I can hang in a little longer, by July I could be in the 130s. Unthinkable. Yet .... doable.

So, I feel good. My clothes still don't fit but underneath my winter fat, I'm a butterfly...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice post you left on my blog yesterday. I, too, love seeing comments on my blog.

We all have those days, but it looks like you're doing really well with WW.

Thanks again,
Amy AKA EggGirl

Chixulub said...

Whelp, I've lost for a few months at a time, but I'm still fatter than I was when I graduated high school, thinking I was fat (I'd kill to be so thin again).

Oooh, pizza!