Friday, July 30, 2004

Fun Fridays, Rose Lite

As I've mentioned before, I love Fridays. In keeping with the trend of the last few weeks, I'm going to keep today lite.

Here's my latest musical thrill: Mutual Admiration Society. I'm a huge Nickel Creek fan and used to love Toad the Wet Sprocket, so this is a nifty match. Enjoy! You might also like Into the Cauldron by Mike Marshall and Chris Thile (see my "What's in my CD Player" link.) Sugar Hill Records has lots of interesting music, so browse through the bands and give an ear. Another cool band not on Sugar Hill is Ollabelle. CBS Sunday Morning featured Ollabelle, Loretta Lynn's Van Lear Rose and the Notorious Cherry Bombs a few weeks ago, along with some other CDs. I want, I want, I want.

*dang* I said I wouldn't do it, and then I went and did it anyway. I got lured in to a political discussion on a board. In case you can't tell, I lean right. But I love and appreciate my left-leaning friends and family, including my Kennedy era mother. I hate election years. It polarizes people to the left and right when really, most of us are usually to be found running down the middle of the road. Please ... don't hate me because I vote Republican ...

The best thing about late summer (except an abundance of fresh tomatoes) is that it's festival time! I mean, what's better than demolition derbies, funnel cake, 4-H contests, lemonade and livestock? Unless it's turkey legs, black & tans, comedy and jousting. Or perhaps music and art are more to your taste?

This weekend: The Wyandotte County Fair
Coming soon...
The Missouri State Fair
SantaCaliGon Days
The Kansas City Renaissance Festival
Kansas City Irish Fest
The Kansas State Fair
Plaza Art Fair

Until we meet again ...
Rose


1 comment:

Missy said...

Sounds like you are enjoying life, as you should. I love late summer too, although I haven't tried funnel cake yet. (I know....what's wrong with me! Well, all I can say in my defense is I'm a native Californian...mostly we ate corn-on-the-cob at the fair)

"Don't hate me because I vote Republican..." LOL I feel the same way. I KNOW there are a lot of us out there, but we don't make as much NOISE as the liberals do, do we?