Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Big Brick Wall, Coming at Me

I talk a lot about weight -- not neccessarily here but in my life.  I'm also guilty of being "all talk and no action" where weight loss is concerned. 

In November of '02 I weighed 189 pounds and joined Weight Watchers for the second time because, basically,  I was just sick of myself.  I lost down to 139 and now have gained back to about 152 or 153.  I'm 8 pounds over goal, all of which I've gained in the last 3 months. 

I'm going to have to admit that I can't do this without meetings.  I guess I'm just that kind of person.  A group-going, accountability-dependent, gold-star hounding, Weight Watchers weigh-in kind of girl. 

Lots of people ask how one becomes motivated to join WW and once you do, how do you stay that way?  It's the $100,000 question of the weight loss world.  The answer is... nothing.  You just started doing it.  You don't like it, you don't want to, you don't think it's big fun. You finally just hate feeling fat more than you love eating.  You start to feel like a speeding car pointed at an immovable wall.  You reach out and put one foot -- then both feet -- on the brake.

Today I feel like the wall is coming right at me.  At noon I'm putting my foot on the brake.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Good for you, going to meetings. I resisted at first too. The last time I did WW, it was online only. It wasn't a bad experience, but going to the meetings is working much better for me. Good for you for going back before getting truly out of control. The last "diet" I went on I lost 30 pounds...and then gained 40.....:(