Wednesday, August 31, 2005

vacation, all I ever wanted


November can't come soon enough. I can feel the burnout starting to settle over me. I need a vacation and some time to clear my head. I think Spain is going to be the perfect remedy.

I've read about every travel guide I can get my hands on, now I need a good phrase book and for my passport to arrive and I'll be set. I think I'll eat whatever food I end up with -- but I'll try to avoid the brains and nether parts wherever possible. I guess there's always fruit -- I'll be 2 hours south of Valencia at the start of orange harvest. I won't starve. And I'm cool with paella and most of the tapas -- love olives.

Mostly I just want a quiet mind. Maybe I'm starting to figure things out -- or maybe I'm just creating a bigger mess. Who knows? But I'll be so glad to spend time with A and have my very own "grand adventure". Until that time, I guess I'll have to be content with travel guides.

No comments: