Monday, January 31, 2005

Music to My Ears

This little meme was posted on Liquid Sky Arts -- I thought I'd bring it over here and add that I have finally ended my rebellion against Columbia House and re-upped. The prospect of cd's for less than $4 each was too much for me.

1. Total amount of music files on your computer: 0, I am not smart enough for this highly technical function yet.
2. The last CD you bought was: Maybe Jars of Clay's "Who We Are Instead". But that was a while ago. However, as I mentioned, I just ordered 12 cds from Columbia House:

"All That We Let In" - Indigo Girls
"Here For The Party" - Gretchen Wilson
"Between Here and Gone" - Mary Chapin Carpenter
"One Moment More" - Mindy Smith
"Ollabelle" - Ollabelle
Soundtrack of "Cold Mountain"
"Down the Old Plank Road" - Chieftains
"Further Down the Old Plank Road" - Chieftains
"Songs About Jane" - Maroon 5
"Just Because I'm a Woman" - Various (Tribute to Dolly Parton)
"Undone" - Mercy Me
"Almost There" - Mercy Me

There's some variety for ya.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message? "Gratitude" by Nichole Nordeman.

4. Write down 10 (OK she said 5 but I'm going for 10) songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
  1. "Landslide" - written & performed by Stevie Nicks. If my life has a soundtrack, this is the opening song.
  2. "Lincoln Avenue" - Train. Dunno, just slow and sad and pretty and I can't leave it alone.
  3. "Home" - Sheryl Crow. For when I'm feeling restless and angst-y
  4. "Who Am I" - Casting Crowns. For when I'm tired of feeling restless and angst-y.
  5. "Red Headed Stranger" - Willie Nelson. Or any other Willie Nelson. Because it reminds me of my dad, way back in the days when I listened to him "sing" to his reel-to-reels.
  6. "Somewhere North of Here" - Caedmon's Call. A song that mentions my hometown and has that haunted love-you-but-you're-not-here thing going on. Made me fall in love with the band. Nothing else they ever did sounded better to me than this song.
  7. "Breathe" - Sixpence None the Richer. The first worship song that really connected for me.
  8. Something, anything by ABBA. Reminds me of the good part of being 12.
  9. "All the Things We've Never Done" - performed by Martina McBride. Says, hey, even if marriage hasn't been perfect, there is something beautiful about sticking it out.
  10. "If These Walls Could Speak" - originally recorded by Nanci Griffith & Jimmy Webb (I think it was written by Jimmy Webb), it appears on the Red Hot & Country project. I've never heard Shawn Colvin's version, but I'll bet it's great too. If I ever move from my home, it will be the last song I play to my empty house, as a sort of "thank you".

1 comment:

. said...

The Chieftans are fun. :o)