Thursday, January 27, 2005

Rock and Roll my World

I've maintained an uncharacteristic silence regarding the refusal of the Zondervan ad in Rolling Stone. Like so many I probably wrote it off as worldy stuff and not likely to change. This is a direct result of my having sent "Entertainment Weekly" a letter a few years back asking the reason behind their refusal to ever review Christian contemporary artists. My letter was met with stony silence, as was the second letter. The third letter was a cancellation of my subscription. I was very sorry to do it and I still read the magazine now and then, when I can catch a copy at the library.

Two things just happened: Rolling Stone changed their mind. And I read this. (Great job, Rabbi.) Wow. I'm happy that this week, anyway, a little battle was won.

Oh and also, there's a great article about Dominic Monaghan in Rolling Stone -- since I'm a fan of both LOTR and Lost, it was double the pleasure.

No comments: