Friday, January 14, 2005

What Ifs

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/


If that was the final kiss, or
if I let your hand go
and never saw you again
or you never saw me
would we do this differently?

What would you tell me, or
What would I tell you?
That I love the way I saw
time mark your face
these many busy years?

Would you love me laughing, or
how the sun made my hair
look honeyed and wild
and that you were glad that
I made it home in a storm?

What things are never said, or
what feelings stay tucked in tight
while we stand side by side
in the kitchen, not talking
the world turning without mercy.

Would we say thank you, or
just "goodnight, sleep well"
would we even know that this would be
all there was of the "us" and that
tomorrow may change it all?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just some thoughts put to paper after I saw this website. It was a link from a link from a link that originated with a new theater/events venue in downtown KC: www.screenland.com. I can't imagine how much pain the families and friends of those missing people must feel-- to say goodbye for the last time, to have an arguement, to get a hug and kiss and assume that they'll be home later -- and then they just aren't.

For the 150-millionth time, how blessed I am.

No comments: