Thursday, May 25, 2006

Blog entries that were never born


I've had a hundred wierd or deep thoughts over the last few weeks. That's how many opportunities I think I may have missed to post here. There's a lot going on these days but none of it seems to get blogged. So here's the reader's digest version:

  • Travel - there was lots. Four trips in five weeks. Stopped now.
  • Oil of Olay energy glow lotion - cool stuff. I'm not orange and I'm not white. Excellent news.
  • Camping this weekend - his family reunion.
  • Our first BBQ contest is next weekend - I make the chicken and T manages the rest. Hope we don't embarrass ourselves. Hope he has fun.
  • LOST - wow. Did you watch that? What did you think?
  • Weekend after next - 'nother family reunion, still his. Waaaay up in Nebraska, almost to SD. Anyone want to babysit my dogs?
  • hot here. Hot there? Ugh. What happened to spring?
  • I've got my hair somewhat under control now but I'm not going to get in to it. Let's just say I rethought the problem and came up with a solution I'm happy with.
  • I'm still not smoking. Sometimes I miss it but mostly I'm ok.
  • I want to see "Over the Hedge" and the "X-Men" -- no time, no time.
  • Where did May go?
  • I need to get back on my diet. I feel like an overfilled balloon. I've had Mexican twice this week. And I could have it again and be happy.
See? Nothing really very profound.

I had some profound thoughts but did not write them down. I need to get better about that.

Here's a fresh one from this morning:
Several times in the past few days and weeks I have made a mental note to myself, mostly regarding the passage of time. Actually, it's more like the lightbulb coming on. For instance, this morning as I was making our bed I thought about the last time the A/C was on. The last time I had the air conditioning on, our marriage was in total system failure and I was sleeping alone on a blow up mattress on the floor of a bare apartment across town. I was worrying every minute about money and the kids and my marriage and him and also myself. I was wishing I could fast forward myself 6 months and see how it ended. Well, it's been nine months now. This is my resolution and it's better than I ever could have hoped. It made T turning on the air last night seem monumental in some way, although only to me, I'm sure. Each little moment is another mile gone from where we were -- and a little closer to the new life we're making.

Well, that's probably all you'll hear from me until after the holiday. I wish everyone a great weekend!

1 comment:

~Les said...

Travel - **Missed you. :0)

Oil of Olay energy glow lotion - **I'll have to check it out.

Camping this weekend - **man, still miss camping!

Our first BBQ contest is next weekend - **A contest? How fun! You'll do great!

LOST - **Don't watch it.

Weekend after next - 'nother family reunion **Geez, Louise you're just a freaking busy girl!

Anyone want to babysit my dogs? **Wish I could puppy-sit for you!

hot here. Hot there? Ugh. What happened to spring? **Exhaustingly hot!

I've got my hair somewhat under control now but I'm not going to get in to it. **glad you may have found your solution!

I'm still not smoking. Sometimes I miss it but mostly I'm ok. **Again, very proud of you!

I want to see "Over the Hedge" and the "X-Men" -- **Me too! I wanna see DaVinci too, but I just can't find time!

Where did May go? **Hell if I know!

I need to get back on my diet. I feel like an overfilled balloon. I've had Mexican twice this week. And I could have it again and be happy. **Mexican food was invented by the devil. It's so freaking good but so freaking bad!

Isn't it amazing how something so trivial as turning on the air can really represent something so monumental? I'm so glad you are better off now than you thought you'd be 9 months ago. What a blessing!

~Les