Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Random Wednesday afternoon-ness.

It's time to take down the window.

When I went to Hawaii in November, my office mates papered my office window( about 3' x 4 1/2' worth) with many tiny Hawaiian-themed pictures and backed it all with hot pink copy paper. I have a sudden urge to rip it all down. I want to see out the window in to the hall.

I'm just daring someone to come and do it again, really. Or daring Fate to hand me some massive work project I can't possibly finish before going on the road. Because if I take an hour to clean up that window, something will happen.

It's just an impulse, really. Like that one I get to cut my past-the-shoulder length hair all off. Or pass my exit on the way home some night and keep driving until, say, Colorado.

The inner hallways of people's brains are complicated places. A few days ago I had the most breath-taking dream. Like, it sucked the breath completely out of my chest. I dreamed someone was trying to kill me. They pointed the gun at my chest and pulled the trigger. It clicked. Again. Click. 4, maybe five times. Then I reached over and we wrestled over the gun and I took it and it fired harmlessly in my hand.

What does that mean?

Do birds like to fly? Or is that like asking if we like to walk?

OK, I'm taking down the window now.

1 comment:

. said...

I've had those driving urges... and actually did end up in Kansas once. ;o)