Tuesday, December 06, 2005

cozy




Crappy weather inspires me to go inside and start rearranging the furniture. It's been cold and grey and threatening snow now for 3 days.

This weekend was enjoyable for the sheer fact that I got to "cute up" my house a little bit. We spent all day Saturday running: eye doctor, car service, lunch with in-laws, auto parts store, cleaning out the cars, Christmas shopping, grocery shopping. By the time we stopped it was nearly 9pm and my house was still under 3" of dust and cat hair and the tree was still in the attic. So, Sunday after church, the fun got under way. Let me tell you, there is nothing a man loves better than moving furniture. After a large amount of grouching on his part, I finally let him climb underneath that afghan you see on the couch and nap while I enjoyed the benefits of my spiffy new Dirt Devil and cleaned enough cat hair out of our house to knit a new cat.

At 12:30 am Monday morning I finally finished turning the place upside down and putting up what modest Christmas decorations I was in the mood for. I think the results are ... cozy. My mother did a good job of teaching me how to do something with not much. For this I thank her, a lot. Amusing little side notes about the above picture: 1) I bet not many people you know under the age of 70 still have a console TV! Yep, that baby's probably 20 years old and hasn't died yet. 2) The brown lump in the chair is my favorite Christmas reindeer. He's super soft and has little bells on his antlers. 3) Notice the position of honor the Grinch gets on the tree. T does love the Grinch. 4) I gotta get rid of those granny lace sheers sometime, that's a little too much lace for me.

For now, anyway, the house is clean, the tree is up, some of the gifts are purchased (although none are wrapped, that's next) and my house is pleasing to me.

OK, NOW let the Holiday season begin!

No comments: