Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Christmas gifts I would like to give


Wendy McClure over at Pound has a list of things she'd like to get for Christmas, which inspired me this morning to create a list of things I'd like to give ... and a few things I would like to get.

1) For T: comfort, peace, a sudden overload of holiday cheer and a job he can love, get promoted in and retire from. Comfortably. Also a killer BBQ sauce recipe we can later sell to Kingsford.

2) For A: an open-ended, use-whenever-she-wants ticket to Spain and a vision of heaven she can get excited about. Also when she's in Spain, menus with pictures in every restaurant.

3) For K: a four-year scholarship to the school of her choice and the confidence to be true to herself. Also, her own Bath & Bodyworks store with constantly rotating stock of new scents.

4) For mom: a 30 year old body to go with her 30 year old mind and all the chicken livers and vanilla cokes she wants with no consequences.

5)For the Lobster and Frau & Deester and Ern: perfect health for every member of the family: no more pills, no more surgeries, no more runs to the emergency room. And a magic wormhole that zaps me to them in seconds, not hours.

6) For MT: to wake up on Christmas morning like Jimmy Stewart in "It's a Wonderful Life" and realize it was all a horrible dream and things are as they should be.

7) for the boss: normal, boring relatives.

8)for the Cat: her boy back (and the only attitude he has is "new"). And a miracle baby 'cause she's crazy and thinks she wants one.

For myself I would like to know the perfect thing to say and do every time I open my mouth. I would like a scale that always reads 135# and a body to match. I would like about 150 do-overs. And today, I'd take a chair and a fireplace and my cats and a good book.

1 comment:

lizmo said...

And I'd like to give you another year of honest, literate, thoughtful blogging. Thanks for making me think.