Monday, April 04, 2005

Murcia me

So an update on the Israel post. I have not felt the pull and tug of the Holy Land, nor have I received any divine hints that I should go. So I will not go. Someday, I will. Some year, when A is not headed off for a semester abroad at Murcia. Someday when I can go and share it with someone I love. Someday when I am more spiritually ready.

Touching history and seeing the places Jesus saw just seems too easy. I can't explain it. I just know that my faith would be solidified if I could put my feet on the Via Dolorosa or see the Garden Tomb, where for us Christians, everything began. Or stand on the Mount of Olives, eat fish at the Sea of Galilee. It would be so much easier for me to believe then -- like Thomas, I have a foolish need to put my finger in the wound. But that isn't how faith is supposed to be.

"Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

For a little while longer I need to keep nurturing my faith.

Oh, I don't know if this makes any sense at all. Suffice to say, I just know that this is A's year for Murcia, not my year for Jerusalem.

No comments: